- 33 Things I Stole From People Smarter Than Me — Too many things to mention. Read this and you’ll probably get something out from this.
- The Danger of Comparing Yourself to Others — A short read on how “the most important things in life are internal not external” and other insightful stuff that sound self-help-y but are really all that matters.
- The real Lord of the Flies: what happened when six boys were shipwrecked for 15 months — This amazing article tells the story of six boys who were stranded on a deserted island -much like it happened in William Golding’s Lord of the Flies-, but with a much better outcome. It’s an adapted excerpt from Rutger Bregman’s Humankind.
- Ring Theory: How not to say the wrong thing — This one I had read a long time ago and really helped me figure out why I hated those “Everything happens for a reason/Everything will be fine” phrases say whenever something tragic happens, and also reminds me to avoid making other similar mistakes myself.
- Don’t Call Yourself A Programmer, And Other Career Advice — This is an amazing post about career advice, aimed at programmers, but easily adaptable to any kind of tech worker.
- Give it five minutes — Jason Fried, founder of Basecamp talks about taking five minutes before pushing back, a lifelong pursuit.
- How We Got the Favicon — A brief history of how Internet Explorer 5 gave us the favicon.